Each time you start a new match, you won’t know what side everyone is on. They’ll be two players known as the spies. Their goal is to eliminate the other players in the match without drawing suspicion. The eight other people taking part in the game are known as the agents. They have to work together to identify the spies, while trying to complete a variety of other objectives.
Where things get tricky is that the agents can only talk to one another over voice chat when they call a meeting. You’ll be able to earn some in-game cosmetics, including a nifty-looking skate deck, by completing the associated Spy Within challenge pack.
While it’s only a limited-time mode, it’s hard not to see The Spy Within as an attempt by Epic v buck generator to get players back into Fortnite by copying the game everyone’s playing at the moment. The recent Reboot a Friend initiative Epic announced this week speaks to that same goal. Of course, Fortnite has always been something of a chameleon in that way. Before it borrowed from PUBG and became one of the world’s most popular battle royale titles, it was best known as a co-op survival game. You don’t last long if you don’t adapt.
- 1.Google’s Gmail Service Suffers Outage for Two Days in a Row
- 2.Texas hiring two law firms for Google probe team
- 3.Asia Stocks Climb as U.S. Rallies Before Fed: Markets Wrap
- 4.Valneva to start clinical trials of COVID-19 vaccine candidate in UK
- 5.Britain to spend $5 billion on vaccines and bear liability, watchdog says